GP Vets History
In 1946 Mr Turnbull established the Veterinary practice in Basingstoke. A second vets was opened in the early 1970s in Tadley, Hampshire under the guidance of Mr Ray and we became GP Vets in 2006. As of 2016 that makes 70 years continuous service and we see no reason to stop!
Initially small animal only, the veterinary practice became mixed with farm and equine work in the 1960s particularly driven by Mr Gough. This all changed in the 1990s as farm work dropped away and once again GP Vets is small animal only – a full circle in those 70 years.
In January 2012 GP Vets the partnership became GP Vets Ltd.